CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, April 5, 2009

Terengganu, "When nature embraces heritage"

Real or fake?



Look at the baby turtle..so cute!

Yesterday, we went to the Queensbay Mall. There was a Terengganu fest at the centre of the mall. The place was so crowded with people wanting to see all stuffs from Terengganu. The purpose of this exhibition is to attract people to visit Terengganu. I think they do this in collaboration with the Ministry Of Tourism. The main ATTRACTION (for me) was the turtles..aww, so cute, isn't it? Sadly, they are the extinct species.. There was also a small concert by various singers who I dont ever know. And also there was this person "menenun" songket. I couldnt imagine how he can do that without losing interest and patience. I would give up early if I was given an opportunity to do one. hehe.. W hat I realized is that people always attracted to this sort of things even foreigners too. This made me proud of my proud with Malaysia's culture.

Songket Terengganu. Very hard to "sew" one. NO wonder it's expensive


Anis Suraya, an artist. The one who made my niece dont want to move even an inch away from that spot.hehe

It was very sweet knowing what our country has done in order to attract tourists and to make this industry as the source of money. I agree that this industry could give lotsa benefits to the country. The sour thing is the place is not very suitable. The people was too crowded yet the plot was soooo small. And the technician should lowered the speaker's volume coz it was very irritating. With songs playing and buyers bargaining made me fell stressed. huh.. maybe this is what we call a fiesta.

0 comments: